September 25, 2008

The Arrival of Fall

As Summer has ended and Fall has found itself on our doorstep, I have been thinking about what this transition truly means. I have always loved fall: I love the colors, the weather, and the fashion. But there is more to it than that - and I think it means something different to everyone.

Why This Fall Is So Awesome
  1. Back to School
    Normally I go back to school in the fall, but this year I am taking a year of maternity leave. Not only do I get to take a break, but I am one step closer to my life mission (to be a student for life). While I am not an active student this year, I am definitely still a student ... and no closer to finishing any time soon. No School = Happy Lifestudent
  2. Pumpkin Spice & Gingerbread Lattes
    I love the fall offerings at Starbucks ... and even when I am not in the mood for a coffee I like to just go into the store and smell the wonderful aroma.
  3. TELEVISION: New & Old
    We get the return of favorites, and some new additions! So far I am watching new shows like 90210, The Mentalist and Fringe. I also am happy to see the return of The Office, Grey's Anatomy, Chuck and many others.

  4. The Cubs!
    The Cubs are still playing in October ... Im not going to say anything else cuz I dont want to jinx it.
  5. Baby Schneider
    We go from 2 to 3 in just a short time with the expected arrival of Baby Schneider. That makes this Fall (and the rest of our days) quite different from any others.
Of course, there are some negatives to this Fall. First, I am not running in (or most likely even spectating) the Chicago Marathon. Second, though I generally love Fall clothes, I do not love my current Fall body. While layering is beneficial to hide the baby weight, shopping for all of the cute Fall stuff is not going to be the highlight of my season this year. And finally, with the purchase of our new house we also got two beautiful (and quite old) trees. While this may sound like a positive thing, when the leaves start falling (and falling, and falling) I believe that its possible we might get a little miffed at those trees :)

No comments: