June 3, 2008

What A Little Clicking Will Get You

I was checking out the Drudge Report when I saw an article that sparked my intrest. A Las Vegas construction site had its 6th worker killed. I am a big fan of Vegas and that city is constantly under construction. Not only are they always building something ... but they are always building something massive and glorious. I was curious as to what building this was occuring with ... and even wondering if 6 deaths is a lot. How many fatalities do they have a year on their construction sites? Well, I never got the answer because another link a bit lower peaked my curiousity.

"Bush administration submits Nevada nuclear dump license application"

This article is about building a nuclear waste dump at Yucca Mountain in Nevada. The funny thing is, I thought they already did this. Many years ago a girl I worked with left our company to move with her husband to Nevada, because her spouse was an engineer and got a job related to the Yucca Mountain nuculear waste dump. I guess its just my ignorance thinking we were already dumping there ... and not ever thinking about it again. Wikipedia has a lot of information on the project, and is a good starting point for anyone wanting to know more.

On A Totally Different Note
I got my cupcakes! They actually arrived last Saturday, the same day as we celebrated Brads (my brother-in-law) birthday. Since cake was already on the menu for that evening, the cupcakes had to wait. I have eaten one (out of the 8 I ordered) and it was pretty darn good. Now I am testing the resiliancy of these cupcakes. You are supposed to be able to store them in the fridge for 7-10 days and in the freezer for 8 weeks. I put 1/2 in the fridge (well...3 of them, since I ate 1) and the other 1/2 in the freezer. The true test is how they taste after being stored for a bit :)

No comments: