June 17, 2008

Happy Eat Your Vegetables Day!

Today is Eat Your Vegetables Day. You know what that means ... you gotta eat the green stuff. I regretfully admit that I am not a big fan of the vegetable world. I love fruit and think I more than consume the recommended amount per day ... but I can easily go a day (or two, or three) without consuming a single vegetable. Thats not good for someone who tries to lead a healthy lifestyles or aspires to be a runner, and its really not good for a big-fat-pregnant-lady (thank goodness for prenatal vitamins). I am going to take this wonderful holiday to heart and promise to actually eat a vegetable today. In fact, I may eat more than one.

2 comments:

Jess said...

See, those Veggie Tales characters only make me what to eat the fruit snacks of them. Not the real them.

lifestudent said...

Vegetable-shaped fruit snacks are actually so much better than vegetables :(
I was actually sortof good about my veggies yesterday. I had stuffed shells for lunch (while stuffed with cheese, they were also loaded with "garden vegetables") and for dinner I had an ear of corn-on-the-cob.
Pats self on back