April 14, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I know we all have guilty pleasures, and this weekend I got to thinking of some of mine. Why? Because I engaged in one :) So this weekend I watched a lousy movie, but its something I do quite often. I tend to seek out (and enjoy) movies that the general public probably expects to be "dumb" or "bad" or "sappy". I watch the kind of movies that many would deem not worth 2+ hours of their time. Examples? Like Crossroads, Step Up, Ice Princess, and anything with Freddy Prinze Jr.. If people actually talk about a movie being bad, it actually increase my desire to go see it. Everyone said Gigli was horrible ... so what did I do? I rented it :) (And it was horrible). This weekend I decided to spend my Sunday doing nothing, so I watched A Prairie Home Companion and Lucky You. I have to admit, "A Prairie Home Companion" was one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and I actually considered shutting it off. I NEVER do that.

Another one of my guilty pleasures is silly pet stuff. I dont get pleasure out of buying it, and can happily admit I have no urge to buy it. But I do get a kick out of looking at the stuff ... and found another one just minutes ago. This one is pretty great. How about a customized dog visor? If you want your pooch to be the coolest on the block, I think you just have to get one of these.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I thought "A Prairie Home Companion" was awful too and I think I fast-forwarded through most of it.