March 6, 2008

Horray! People In London Just as Dumb as We Are Here

Recently, reports have been issued about the fact that they are actually padding lamposts in London to protect pedestrians who are getting injuredwhile walking and texting. According to this source, 1 IN 10 people have hurt themselves while focusing on their mobile phone screens.

I personally have found myself getting distracted while texting (or more importantly, using my mobile to blog!), but can proudly say I have never been anywhere near getting injured. If you take into account the number of people I see texting while driving or crossing a heavily trafficed street, I am suprised we dont have reports of the death toll attributed to texting.

Many cities & states ban talking on the phone while driving, while only two have specifically banned text messaging with the most recent to the adopt a law like this being the entire state of New Jersey.

I have to admit, hearing about the stupid actions of others makes me feel a little bit better about myself. Its definitely a guilty pleasure...

1 comment:

Linden said...

Um, I would have thought this article was joking, but after our trip, I can't believe the number isn't higher... like 5 or 6 in 10! EVERYONE was texting and talking and texting.