January 5, 2008

Woot! I Ran!

I did it...I ran! The other day I read a post by Amy at the Runners Lounge, in which she talked about "overcoming inertia" I think intertia is a really nice way of stating that I am currently in a vegetative state in which I consume as many calories as possible while at the same work to avoid any sort of movement that may (per chance) actually burn those calories. I am hybernating. But, Amy's post made me realize that I needed to get off my duff and DO SOMETHING.

Its been nasty cold in the City of Wind, and that has been nicely supporting my hybernation...but when weather reports suggested a warm-up I knew it was time. I still dont believe myself to be a runner. In fact, I still do not enjoy it. But after months and months of running and not much else, its really all I know right now. In addition, I now have "running friends" - and working out is more likely to happen when you have a crew. So I sent out the email and got some quick replies. I was not the only one hibernating :)

So we went out this morning for a short run. The running part didnt feel so great, but the MOVING did ... and breakfast afterwards made up for the shock my body was going through after being forced to actually move for a time and distance longer than mandatory.

I dont know if I am back-on-the-wagon yet, but I hope this is the beginning of the end of my metamorphisis into a sloth. (image from: http://calicoisfashion.blogspot.com/)


Work-Out Log
Time:  45:00 time  Distance:4.28 miles   Pace:  10:30 min/mi
It was as hard as I thought. I felt lethargic and my legs were really tired, slow and sore feeling. I didnt collapse or anything, and am still walking a few hours later - so I think all is well.

No comments: