October 27, 2007

BRRRRRR!

10-miler today. Distance wasnt bad - but the weather got us a bit. On the way out (5-miles) it was cool, but we felt ok. About 2 miles into it, a coach yelled to a training team (one not at all affiliated with us) "Don't worry! The wind is at your back when you turn around!". We were like, what wind? About 3 miles later we figured out exactly what wind they were talking about. The 5 mile run on the return was head on into some pretty cold wind. At this point we were wet and sweaty so running into the cold wind was quite unenjoyable.

My knees have been hurting me again after my runs - something I haven't had to really deal with since earlier in training. I guess I have to go back to the icing routine. I know I should do it anyway, but things just get a bit tiring after so many months of training ... I think I am neglecting some important things as I get a bit bored with the whole process! Icing and stretching tonight - I swear!

Training Log
Time:  1 hour 48 minutes time  Distance:10 miles   Pace:  10:48 min/mi
I had to do a bit of gusstimating about the pace. We stopped a couple of times along the run and I thought we would quickly resume so I didnt stop my watch. (I keep my watch going during rest-stops to get a pacing time that would be similar to a marathon experience). But a couple of our stops were lengthy, beyond a rest-stop-type-experience. So I did a bit of time tampering to try to get our actual pace figured out ;)

1 comment:

Jess said...

Yeah, ice is the only remedy for those sore knees. Which probably really sucks this time of year for you when it's already cold outside.