October 9, 2007

Announcement ... Coming Soon

So, I still have a reason to blog. I have yet to complete a marathon and thus this blog still serves its purpose! But, I have officially decided the "real" marathon I will be running. I will make the official announcement tomorrow as soon as some things are organized :)

Its back to training. Back to complaining. Back to consoling (and rewarding) myself with ice-cream. Its been difficult to re-evaluate my life in the aftermath of Sundays occurances. I thought I would be looking towards my next mission in life. I thought that eating all of these carbs would again become sinful. And most importantly I thought I was going to be able to wear shoes that are so-cute-they-are-worth-the-pain-and-suffering. I wasn't sure I was going to handle this setback very well. Its as if I am stuck in time - with the object I desire just always a few feet ahead and slipping out of my grasp as I reach for it. But I have to admit, now that I have chosen my "replacement marathon" I am actually totally excited. I dont have to train for much longer, still get to carbo-load, still get my most precious Saturday morning breakfasts with my running mates ... and now get to do a DESTINATION MARATHON.

I am taking one additional day off training. I dont really need it - but I am still wrapping up my pity-party. Starting tomorrow I am back on the wagon. Pilates followed by a run. Ultimately I still have the same objective and I am still 100% confident it will get done. There will be some small re-adjustments but I am looking forward to my new (extended) journey.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I think a lot of people are making the same decision you are, and I totally understand it!