August 8, 2007

People Are Always Getting Into My Business!

Today I ran a bunch of errands, and when I came home there were some strange worker-men in my alley way. Both of them were shirtless, and one was wearing swim-trunks. (Maybe I am crazy, maybe mens shorts come in pastel stripes like that...with that type of material, I dont know...but they looked like swim trunks!) As I was trying to park in my garage, the guy in the swim trunks (with a huge beer-belly and no shirt) decided to "help me". It took me three tries to get in, and this guy probabaly thought I was a terrible driver. The thing is, if you were trying to park in your garage (while navigating through an alleyway, into a narrow spot) and a man, who is shirtless & sunburned, wearing swimtrunks, and madly waving his arms everywhere - is standing in front of you the whole time ... I bet you would have some difficulty too :)

Then I came into my house and am working on some schoolwork. These rude weathermen keep interrupting Judge Judy to tell me about tornado watches in the suburbs. How dare they interefere with Judge Judy! Now I dont know all the details about the birthday-party performer who quit performing because he was heckled by a party guest, who is being sued by the party thrower for her deposit back.

My Workout Today
So we are supposed to have a mid-week workout with the team tonight. We have tornado warnings, severe thunderstorm warnings, flood warnings ... and we dont know if its gonna happen or not. Generally, practices only get cancelled if there is lightening. This seems to happen every Wednesday - I wait all day to get my workout in, and by the time it is cancelled (or we simply decide not to go) due to weather its pretty late and then I need to figure out how to get my workout in at 7 or 8 at night.

Now, like it seems we do every Wednesday, we are debating via email as to whether or not we risk heading out to training. One time we decided not to go - and the sun broke through and it was perfect weather during the time we should have been at training. Another time we decided to actually go - and the sky turned pitch black and killer storms came out of nowhere (we decided to get Mexican food - so all was not lost). As you can see, our judgement seems to be a bit off :) Will I go? I have two hours to figure it out!

No comments: