August 8, 2007

Need To Improve My Rain Dance

My prayers for rain were not answered. Although it was hot and humid, the rain refused to come. So, I had to go to the mid-week team run. And yes, I obviously survived.

Training Log
Time:  ~40min time  Distance:~4 miles   Pace:  various min/mi
Tonight we did a 10 minute warm-up (we were a bit late to start, so we did a 9:12 warm-up) followed by three miles at different paces The first was to be slower than our intended mararthon pace, the second at marathon pace, and third at a bit faster than marathon pace. We went out a bit too fast, doing the first at 10:45. Then the second was again to fast - at about 10:10. We were worried about our ability to run faster for the third mile (since 10:10 was a bit faster than we normally run) but we did the third at 9:45. Overall it was a good run. We were hoping that we would have paced according to the directions given to us, so that we could work on the skills we need to work on - but I think we stil succeeded and got a good workout out of it as well!

1 comment:

RunToTheFinish said...

I think mother nature heard me threatening to run in the 105 heat index last night and final gave in to provide us some rain...now of course she's giving me a 110 index for the rest of the week, so I'm not sure who won.