July 11, 2007

But, There Are Things That Make Me Happy Too!

Laura at Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers
Today I went to Accelerated Rehabilitation for a consultation on my knees. The girl that met with me was AWESOME. Nice, smart, totally helpful. She told me that I dont need rehab, and gave me tons of advice and stretches to do, in addition to a resistance band to help me with some of the stretches. This was a free consultation, and she didnt try to sell me a thing (not rehab, not massage...nothing). The news is good, while I am starting to have some problems, its nothing some of these stretches cant fix. Unfortunately, I was hoping she was going to tell me I could miss these killer Wednesday night workouts, but she didnt :( She did tell me (as all of the trainers and coaches have said) to err on the side of less when it comes to the workouts. If I am hurting or I am sore, either cut back or skip a workout. She also said she would call me in a few weeks, if I am not seeing results then I should go back in for a more thorough evaluation and possible rehab.

Cafe Latakia
So I walked into this cute cafe today, after my consultation. I needed to stall before going home because we had some cleaning ladies in the house and I wanted to give them their space :)


I just loved the feeling of this place - and they have free WiFi. I think I will go again soon to see how it works for a study location. Some places dont really like when you hang out there for a long time, and the workers (or owner) keeps giving you dirty looks. There was a girl in there today with some huge books - looks like she was studying for the MCAT, LCAT, something like that. So I am hoping I will be welcome and I plan to go later this week.

My Snoring Dog
Wrigley goes to daycare every Wednesday, and she takes it VERY seriously. She believes in playing ball from the minute she gets there, until the minute they force her to leave. To get a break now and then, she jumps into the pool to cool off. She must have had quite the workout today because she has been snoring like a pig since I got home. How cute is she??

No comments: