May 15, 2007

Cross Train also = Eating

Ever since I have begun Marathon training I have been a bottomless pit. Nothing stands in my way when it comes to food - eating pretty much dominates my day. Normally my Rest & Stretch days have become eating days, but as of today it looks like Cross Training = Eating as well. I think I ate 5 meals today, and I feel like I could explode. The thing is, I am really not that high on mileage, so I dont think the hunger is from the running. I think it might be in my head :) I think my new mission is going to be training to reduce my appetite...
My Day
Today I studied for one of my courses, and put together an outline of the class reading list. I obviously have a lot more to do before the exam, but I feel like today was pretty productive. Unfortunately, I had a tough time devoting myself completely to the task, and so I watched the movie Rent while I was creating the outline. Two birds with one stone, I guess!

Training Log
Last night my knees were killing me, but this morning when I woke up they were back to normal. Normal for me has been a general ache - but not actual pain. So things were good. I did my 45 minutes on the ellpitical, and then worked some leg strengthening. I am doing pretty good with what the trainer said ;) (Note, currently patting self on back)
Progress Made
  • I am doing a great job of sticking to the TNT schedule and am quite proud of my stick-to-it attitude
  • Studied for the course I had planned for today...but could have used a bit more focus
Lessons Learned
  • I am a bottomless pit
  • Watching RENT while studying is counter-productive

No comments: