July 20, 2011

Trainer Meeting

I met with the trainer this AM. Didnt do a whole lot - the point of the meeting was to do some generic fitness testing. She had me:
- run a mile as fast as I could
- do as many push ups as I could in one minute
- do as many curls as I could do in one minute

She also took pics of me (gasp!) which wasnt my favorite part of the meeting ;)

We talked a lot about what I have been doing and what my goals are. We also talked about what I should be doing right now that I'm not. For example, I dont drink enough water. She also suggested that I run on a 1% incline on the treadmill to more closely simulate outdoor running. We will meet again next wednesday for a "real" workout. In the meantime she is putting together a workout plan for me that includes a workout(s) I need to do at home in addition to our weekly meeting.

I'm a little bit nervous, but I know it needs to be done. I'm hoping that if I combine working with a trainer, my running, and my goal to eat healthier, that I will get myself to a better place. Only time will tell I guess!

No comments: