May 3, 2011

I Think I Have A Race

I dont have a race calendar like some of you, but think I finally have one. And, honestly, thats all I need. I've mentioned that I need races longer than 5K (but not too long) in order to actively run because I need to feel the pressure to train. I know I can go out and run a 5K right now. Ok, well, not right now. I'm tired and had a bunch of garbage to eat today. But, you know what I mean ;) I need to be running regularly to run something longer than a 5K and that's what I was looking for.

But, I had a hard time finding one! There is a 10 miler Memorial Weekend. I was a bit worried about the distance, but even more worried about the date. I like to leave holiday weekends open for family ... not races. I've looked through some of the race calendars and really didnt see anything. Then, I realized that I was missing one. A race that I have done annually and just forgot about!


I've done this race twice when pregnant and once in between pregnancies. Its always a good race and the distance is perfect. To top it off, the shirts are generally really nice ;) I'll have to actually train for it, but its not such a long distance that I will feel overwhelmed should I not be able to run as much as I'd like (which is inevitable). I haven't signed up yet, but I'm pretty sure I will.

No comments: