December 22, 2010

Diaper Swiper

Two nights ago my hubby an I were watching the local news and there was a segment asking for help identifying a thief. Turns out, someone walked right up to someones door and stole a delivery sitting on the porch. The home had a security camera that recorded data and caught a pretty good image of the perp. We talked about what a nice feature that was and how the guy picked the wrong house.

Yesterday I got a delivery at 2:30. There are a few things I'm expecting, so I went to the door with Ryan sleeping in my arms. When I opened it, there was a huge box literally in my doorway. I knew what it was ... diapers! I ordered 3 cases (you go through a lot of diapers when you have two in em) from diapers.com. I couldnt grab them with a baby in my arms, and next thing you know it was the end of the day. I'm sure you know where this story is headed...

Yes, someone stole a bunch of diapers off my front porch!

The sad thing is, the thief probably wasnt looking for diapers and could have ruined someones Christmas by taking that box. I might not have been the only target and there might have been worse outcomes in other cases. Luckily for me, diapers.com said they would replace the package. And, more importantly, losing that package is not going to put a damper on my holidays!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have seen a number of news stories about thieves this time of year. Yikes!

Jess said...

Bastards! Although, diapers are expensive...