November 19, 2007

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

So today I got another cruel and heartless letter from the Chicago Marathon folks (well, this one is from the official photo people).
Order your LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon Holiday Cards
The Holidays are such a great time of the year to share memories and cheer with all our friends and families. In this spirit we have decided to offer special Holiday Greeting Cards that capture your success at LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon.

Greeting Cards are personalized with your choice of greeting and a personal message. They are available in sets of 12 or 20 cards with envelopes.

Click on the link below to see all of your photos and to order the special Holiday Cards.

link omitted because there are about 2 photos and I am WALKING All cards are shipped within 3 business days of order to help you get your greetings in the hands of your friends and family.

It was a great event, and this will help you share those memories as part of your Holiday Cheer.

Your friends at MarathonFoto.

I dont understand how these people can be so ignorant. Figure out who finished and send this junk to them ... stop rubbing it in the faces of those who didnt have the opportunity to finish.

Training Log
Time:  30:00 time  Distance:2.63 miles   Pace:  11:24 min/mi
Today I ran on a treadmill that was inside of a sauna. Ok, not literally - but figuratively it definitely was. My gym was so hot and humid that I thought I was either going to have to pass out or have a heart attack ... and finally end it all. I made myself do the full 30 minutes for the sole reason that I didnt run a lick outside of the 20 miler last week. So I almost died just for guilt. Ah, the power of the good-old-guilt-trip.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Yeah, it's pretty thoughtless. But then so was the fact that they denied that they ran out of water.

Joe said...

Heh. I just got that email also.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting at my place!

Good luck in LV--I just decided that I'm not up to another marathon so soon (work got really wacky these past 3 weeks and I haven't been able to put in the longer midweek runs) so I just switched my registration to the half marathon.

I'll be running in a gold lame Elvis costume.

Anonymous said...

I got this email too. The only pictures they got of me were at the start and after the race had been called. In the former, I was on my cell phone to my wife.

robison52 said...

I don't think they're utterly heartless and cruel...BUT they are very lazy as it's undoubtedly a form letter they use for EVERY marathon.

I need to stop procrastonating and write my 2007 New Las Vegas Marathon Report on my blog! I'm still resting and recovering, but plan on doing a short 4 minute jog today...my first run since the marathon!