April 7, 2009

Injury Screening Appointment

I have a sitter tomorrow and thought it would be the ideal time to go get this back thing checked out. I have a feeling if I lug my 20lb baby into a rehab center and say "my back hurts" they will look at my like I am the biggest idiot to ever walk through their doors. Also, things tend to go a bit smoother without the occasional hiccup a baby can bring to a situation ;)

My core class instructor suggested two different therapists from a local rehab center. Of course, both of them are not working tomorrow. I have the sitter, the time, and the ache - so I am going anyway. I made an appointment for later in the day tomorrow, after my abs class and while Brooke is (hopefully) happily spending time with her sitter. I sure hope "Maya" knows what she's talking about...report tomorrow!

5 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

oh boy..have you seen a chiro yet? I had never ever gone until lately and it took a few days afterwards but it fixed things.

yes, the pb goes in the oatmeal and gets all melty. it seems to be the big hit lately for people adding some protein...or just wanting an excuse to eat PB

Jess said...

Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! And as long as you have a sitter, perhaps you should also treat yourself to a little something by yourself!

lifestudent said...

RunToFinish - I went to a chiro once and he freaked me out, talking about a "lifetime commitment" and the amount of lbs of pressure he wanted to put on my back. As for the PB, I gotta try it. I went through a period where I melted PB and put it on ice-cream ... putting it in oatmeal has to be a bit better for me ;)

Jess - I had plans to do some shopping but this apt is in the middle of my sitters hours. BUT, the place I'm going is right next to a really good chocolate shop. Might need to reward myself...

Rookie on the Run said...

Yep... chocolate might just be what you need! I hope you get some answers tomorrow... as well as some good, effective solutions. Let us know how it goes!

Carly said...

Good luck at the appointment.