November 2, 2007

LV Marathon News & Friday Funnies

Yesterday I received an email from the Las Vegas Marathon people with some cool info. About the course:
  • Blue Man Group will perform live at a secret location on the course
  • The cast of Spamalot will have a themed water station at mile 2
  • Elvis will be keeping runners posted at each mile, marked by 8-ft tall signs
  • Emerald Nuts will host snack stations in the last five miles
  • The Cirque du Soleil All Star Band will perform live at the Finish Line - at which point all women will receive a rose from FTD
All of this sounds pretty awesome, considering that at the Chicago Marathon they didnt even give me any water!

One of the coolest things they mentioned is that the Las Vegas Marathon will be the first "major city race" to offer disposable timing chip technology. Looks like the chip will be attached to my race bib ... sure hope I dont loose my bib!!!!!!!!!

And Now For The Friday Funnies!
I was doing a little YouTube surfing today, so here is what I have for ya'll :)

First, a Powerbar commercial featuring Tiki Barber. I have to say, there are moments I feel like this. Its not usually Powerbar related though, I would have to attribute it to caffeine and sugar.

Lots of my RBF's talk about treadmill experiences. Almost all of us have had some sort of unfortunate experience with one of those human-haters. Looks like Citibank decided to capitalize on our pain and humiliation...

This one has nothing to do with running ... but still made me laugh out loud...thought it was blog-worthy.

No comments: