October 18, 2007

New Kicks!

I thought I would have been in post-marathon mode right now ... but obviously I am not. Since I am still pre-marathon, I realized I was going to need a new pair of shoes for marathon attempt #2. I ordered the same shoes as I am currently running in ... but in a new color. That ought to add some excitement to training!
Training Log
Time:  39:53 time  Distance:4.00 miles   Pace:  9:58 min/mi
Strange run today. The weather was just hovering between beautiful summer day and tornado. At points during my run the wind was so severe that I seriously was not moving foward ... it was like some sort of slow motion video option or something :) The entire time, I just didnt want to be running. So I ran the first 2.5 miles at about 10:05 pace but then picked it up at the end because I just wanted to get it over with. I debated in my head over quitting or speeding up - and chose to speed up. Now I am a bit tired and sore. I think my body may not necessarily have been in agreement with my mind's decision to pick up the pace!

2 comments:

RunToTheFinish said...

oh love the orange and yellow! I just got a new pair of Mizuno's too...they are soooo cushy.

robison52 said...

Mizuno Mavericks were my old racing shoes, Mizunos are great shoes, unfortunately they no longer make Mavericks.