August 7, 2007

Skipped My Run - Ate Ice Cream Instead

I just couldnt find the motivation yesterday - it wasnt gonna happen. Talking to some others in my pace-group I found the same lack of motivation and felt slightly better.

We often talk about food during our runs, and a recent discussion centered on Ben & Jerrys. I have to admit, I am an ice-cream lover - but have never had Ben & Jerry's. When a fellow runner talked about "Half Baked", I began to salivate a little. The carton description describes it as: "Chocolate & Vanilla Ice Creams with Fudge Brownies & Gobs of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough". So, last night instead of running, I decided to sit on my butt and eat ice-cream.

Other Fat Runners Coincidently, when I woke up this morning, I had a comment to an old post from Amy who ran across my weight gain discussions while trying to understand her own. I also noticed that her co-blogger, Tom, seems to be dropping weight easily as he trains for the Chicago Marathon. As a woman, I am well aware that men seem to have this ability to just melt the pounds off of their bodies ... while our extra weight is quite happy to just sit and hang out. Good luck to all of those training for events - from triathalons to marathons. And if weight gain is invevitable for some of us, lets at least hope that we can keep it to a minimum, and loose it easily when the time comes ;)

7 comments:

Ian said...

This happens to me all the time. In fact, I'll probably have to go out and buy a pint of Half Baked now that I've read about it here. Thanks a lot! ;)

lifestudent said...

The ice-cream was well worth it ... so good, in fact, I didnt even feel guilty :)

Amy@RunnersLounge said...

You are killin' me - I haven't heard of that ice cream, but now I just must have it. I was very, very good today - only ate things that I should ...it was awful. Thanks for the support!
Amy
http://blog.runnerslounge.com

Maggie Mae said...

Hm. Run, or ice cream? With this weather, I know where my loyalties lie!!! :-) As for the weight fluctuation, I'm with you. There's a commercial where a cartoon woman is complaining that her husband is loosing pounds like nothing, and she keeps packing on weight. That's me and Ted. I think males can literally eat that chocolate bar and peanut butter and somehow have it speed up their metabolism, while the ladies watch and gain weight from air-born calories...

Pat said...

and you haven't even tried Cherry Garcia. Oh my, are you in for a treat.

lifestudent said...

I think its official - ice-cream and running go together! I am so glad I know this now, so I can integrate ice-cream into my diet without feeling guilty ;)

Anonymous said...

You have a right to be jealous. I remember reading somewhere that men's predisposition to weight loss has to do with testosterone, whereas women's bodies are geared toward storing stuff in order to have babies.

It's not all good, that testosterone leads to hairy backs and monster truck rallys? Is losing weight worth that? :-)

http://www.hirlpoo.com